Sunday, January 27, 2008

My Childhood

Although my childhood is very different from today’s children, I still miss that happy time so much. I used to have a little homework to do after school, so I usaully spent a lot of my spare time to play with my friends on play ground.

In my family, we have four siblings. We were good work team in most time. For example, we would help our parents and used to do some housework together every weekend such as washing clothes at home, catching fish in creek and looking for wild duck eggs in the field. However, sometimes there are arguments and fights bewteen our siblings because of certain reasons. All of us have had own fiamily already after decades. Our four siblings have very tight and close relationships now, and we have been keeping in touch by phone and visit.

Chinese New Year used to be the most important for us because we were going to wear new clothes, eat delicious food and do nothing housework during Chinese New Year. Parents were going to give us “luck money” for new year. I had not spent thoes money until I found something I really wanted to buy. When I recall my childhood, I still feel excited and enjoyable.

4 comments:

Hialry said...

Hi xiaoli,
I am Hilary. Thank you for posting such a nice article.
In your writing, you mentioned Chinese tranditional New Year, and it also calls up my memory~~~~~~~~.
By the way, the Spring Festival is coming,I hope that you have got an interesting plan for it!
Have a nice day.

Nahid said...

Hi my Sunny Xiaoli !
:)
I completely feel your description about childhood.

and that "lucky money" which we also recieved in Nowrooz. It bestows our money.

Wish you to be always Sunny!

:) :*

sunshine said...

Hi my classmate,

It's a good thing when people remember their childhood.As u know we had sweet and sour days.However, I hope we always remember the sweatest days in our life.Also, I'd like to thank my God for help us to forget the worst memory. Fanilly, I wish u the best as long as u live.CooooooL

moya said...

i envy your childhood, i have no siblings and i have not many happiness in my childhood.